Thursday, April 23, 2009

in remembrance...

For me photography is very emotional; it has the ability to stir memories and feelings. On Tuesday night I had a very moving photo session, one that cemented the concept that photography is my passion.

A client contacted me asking if I could come out and take some pictures of her and her dog. Her dog was not doing well and she really wanted to capture Daisy before it was to late. Daisy is her baby; they have been together for 8 years and have a very strong bond.

As I drove in I spotted them sitting together in the field, my eyes began to fill with tears. As I walked closer to them I developed a lump in my throat. I could feel the love they had for each other. I was touched that I was able to witness this tender moment. My tears began to fall before I had 3 words out of my mouth.

The weather was perfect, the setting was relaxed. After tears, smiles and hugs I walked away with Daisy imprinted on my heart. Thank you Diana for trusting me to capture Daisy, for allowing me the pleasure of meeting your family and for letting me cry as I crawled around watching the two of you. This will be one experience that I will never forget.













1 comment:

Heather said...

you can really see how sweet Daisy was, what a treasure for them! Makes me miss my Norman.